Monday, March 15, 2010

Big News

WOW!!! BIG NEWS!!! I just won a FREE round-trip flight to Paris on OpenSkies, a business-class-only airline. OpenSkies started operation as L'Avion. We flew with them to Paris the summer of 2008. The problem is that it's only one ticket, so Robb would have to buy one. Then, we would have to fly to New York, because they only offer service between New York and Paris (or Amsterdam), though I've seen they are planning to fly from DC also one of these days. I was very excited to win something for the first time in my life, and fired off all the information they wanted. Then, it occurred to me that it was very possibly a phishing scam, so I spent the rest of the night worrying about that. Finally, the next day (Thursday), I got up and forwarded the email to OpenSkies and asked if it was real or a scam. Hallelujah, they replied that it was indeed a legitmate email and I had really won a round-trip ticket to Paris.
Monday, Robb and I drove down to Miami Beach because his cousins were in town visiting their mother. Okay, their mother is really Robb's cousin, the others are her daughters and I don't know what to call them. Elandra lives in Texas. Claudia lives in New Jersey. They're usually really nice ladies, but Monday evening, they did nothing but rant and rave about their other sister (who of course was not present). After the first hour, I wanted to tell them to shut the f--k up. I didn't, but it was not an enjoyable evening and when we finally left around 11 PM, I had a raging headache. I told Robb I hope I don't have to go through anything like that for a long, long time.
Singalong-a sulcus: How brains hear music and lyrics.
If, like me, you hate to sit through all those trailers on your DVD, here's a trick from CNET.
ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact? WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
Church Bulletins
Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
À la prochaine, mes amis

No comments: