Monday, December 20, 2010

Meatloaf



 I am really proud of myself.  For the first time ever, I made a meatloaf and it came out really good.  I used ground turkey instead of beef, since we rarely eat beef.  Making a meatloaf is relatively easy, but it's a lot of work. 

Saturday morning, I called a gift shop in Frankfurt, Germany because I had bought one of those ceramic buildings for Wendy's husband, Steve, who has a huge model train village that he sets up every Christmas..  At the time I ordered it, I was told it would take about six weeks to get here which was not a problem. Unfortunately, the postman wouldn't let our neighbor sign for it and they sent it back to Germany.  I waited to see if they would call me, since I had already lost the receipt and any other information I had.  According to the woman to whom I spoke, they didn't have my phone number nor email address, so it was a good thing I found them on the internet and contacted them (using Google. of course.  It cost me all of twelve cents for the call.)  She told me she kind of remembered my name on the package and would email me on Monday to let me know the status.  I asked if it would be possible to remail it to me and she said it was not a problem.

Then we called Jean-Michel in Paris to see what apartments he might have available in the Marais in June.

I no longer have a smart phone.  Tiger Direct wouldn't meet the reduced price of the other site and in the meantime, I had received my first bill from Sprint.  I would have been paying almost $200 a month.  That's a bit much for what is basically just a toy.  And it's not like I would be spending several hours a day playing with it. Plus I discovered that tethering to use it as a wifi hotspot wouldn't work all that well either, and that was one of the major reasons for getting it in the first place.  There is a mobile service that charges very reasonable rates, the kicker is you have to buy one of their phones, and I don't really like any of them.
    
Bis zum nächsten Mal, meine Freunde.

2 comments:

Lowell said...

Hokay, how'd you get out of your Sprint contract or did you have to pay a couple hundred dollars?

Un joyeux Noell to you and Robb.

Megan said...

bonne année!
Hope Robb feels better.
And it is ridiculous that they sent the package all the way back to Germany after what, only one attempt?
Hope it arrives okay the second time around.