Monday, January 23, 2012

Spicy Menu



When I pulled into the parking lot the other day, my neighbor almost backed into me. He is over eighty years old. He can barely hear and he doesn't see much better. It may be time for him to give up driving. I don't say that lightly, because I am dreading the time when I will have to do that. But I know the time will come.

Friday evening, Robb and I went to Candela for dinner. It has been a while since we've been there and we were pleasantly surprised to see the decor updates Armando has done. It's starting to look like a really upscale restaurant. Luckily, the prices haven't changed very much, although there were many new additions to the menu. I had the Moroccan Chicken Stew and Robb had a Chorizo dish that Armando made up especially for him, because it wasn't on the menu. They were both rather spicy and excellent as always. 

I love ice cream. So much so that I eat a huge dish of it almost every day. Several years ago, I decided I should try frozen yogurt, because it has less fat and, I thought, less sugar. It does have less sugar, but only about three grams less, so it's not really a reason to eat it. However, I found that, although the yogurt tasted okay, it just wasn't ice cream. So I stopped buying it. A couple weeks ago, I bought some by mistake because it's in a similar package to the ice cream, and they are right next to each other in the freezer. It was Espresso Chip. I was going to return it to the store, but decided to try it. It is really good and is the first frozen yogurt I've ever eaten that had an excellent taste. So now, I buy one Espresso Chip frozen yogurt and one Dulce de Leche ice cream. The good news is that my local market has them on sale every few weeks, so if I buy four at a time they last me until they go on sale again.
  
  
A rocky exoplanet about the size of Mercury appears to be evaporating before our eyes. If confirmed, this would be the first time a rocky planet has been found turning to gas, demonstrating just how wacky alien planets can be. The provocative suggestion may also foreshadow the fate of Mercury.Read more here.


  
Dumb Law of the Week:  In Rhode Island, it is illegal to throw pickle juice! 

À la prochaine, mes amis.

1 comment:

PeterParis said...

I think I will change from my local radio and TV news and concentrate on your news summaries! They are more fascinating!