Monday, October 15, 2012

Diamond Earth



I almost won a trip to Cancun. I got a call in mid-afternoon. The 'automated voice' on the other end of the line informed me that I had a free trip to Cancun which included 7 days at a luxury hotel, all food and all drinks, including soft drinks, wine and liquor. A live operator got on after I punched a couple number buttons. She asked if I was over 18. I replied, "yes"....and the line went dead. C'est la vie!

Dined at Galanga Saturday evening. Clamari, Salad, Sea Bass (me,) Lobster (Robb), Conundrum (a blend of three different white wines), White Russian.





Registering to vote just got easier. With this little widget, you can fill out a registration form, print it off and mail it in ... or, if you're lucky enough to be in a state where you can register online, it will take you directly to your Secretary of State's website. Do it now! And share it with family and friends. Remember, as Rep. John Lewis said, voting is "the most powerful, nonviolent tool we have to create a more perfect union." It would be great if those of you with larger followings would reproduce this on your journals!!

Dumb Law of the Week: In Oklahoma, it is illegal to hunt whales.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

No comments: