Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Mobile Wine



Our mobile phone service is with ATT. It has the distinction of being the worst. While the people who work for ATT are friendly and helpful, the company nickels and dimes you until you become so frustrated you just want to scream at someone. Our two-year contract will end on 28 December. I was willing to sign for another two years IF I could get the phone I wanted. But they kept changing the phones available from day to day, so I finally just said the hell with it. I ordered another Samsung Infuse (which I really like) for Robb and I will switch our service to either MetroPCS or SIMple. Both offer unlimited talk, text and data for a really inexpensive cost. And both use the facilities of large, good service providers. Something else I noticed is that the App Store no longer carries the memo app that I love. There are literally thousands of memo apps, but not the one that I love. That has me most curious.

On the way back from the ATT Store, we stopped at a Cellar Warehouse just to check on their cava. They had the brand we usually buy and a couple of others. We bought one of the others and a case of our favorite. Then we noticed an Italian wine that was on sale, so we also bought a case of that. When we tried it at dinner, it was terrible. We took the remaining eleven bottles back to the store. The guy who sold it to us (one of the managers) was there. He suggested we had simply gotten a bad bottle. He offered to open one of the other bottles to let us see if that was true. He chose a bottle at random, opened it, and gave us each a glass. He was right. The new bottle was very different from the first we had tried. He replaced the two bottles that had been opened and we brought the case home....again.






Dumb Law of the Week: In Utah, a husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife in his presence.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

No comments: