Monday, February 20, 2012

New A/C



We bought a new air conditioner. The old one finally gave up the ghost. We can't really complain, it served us well for many years and it was one of the original units installed when the apartments were built back in 1973. The new unit is a Rheem and it runs a little quieter than the old one. It took the installers quite a while to put it in. As you can see in the picture, there is barely enough room for one person to work with it, and they are rather heavy. I asked the installer if this was the last of the original units and he told me there were still quite a few of the old ones left. I wonder if this one will last as long as the other?
  
Latinos. LOUD!! I've often wondered why latinos can't speak in a normal tone of voice nor listen to TV or stereo at normal levels of volume. I used to work in Miami where most of the people I had to deal with were latinos. I could hear their TV a block before I got to their house. When they answered my knock, which took quite a while over the din of the TV, did they turn down the volume so we could talk? Ha ha! Not on your life. Your were expected to scream over it. I bring this up because today, my neighbor in the building across from me, was sitting on his balcon talking at the top of his voice. It started when I opened the window around 14h00 and didn't stop until after 18h00. What can anyone find to talk about for that long at that volume? The only reason it stopped at 18h00 is because I closed the window.
  
  
  
  


  
Dumb Law of the Week: In Utah, the husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife!

À la prochaine, mes amis.

1 comment:

Ken Broadhurst said...

Don't you get sick of having to live in air-conditioning all the time? It's so unnatural.