Monday, July 16, 2012

Strange Lenses




It's strange how, as you get older, things that never used to even phase you become major annoyances.  It's a trend with which I'm not at all happy, but I'm finding it difficult to reverse it.  Maybe it's the accumulation of crap over the years.  It builds up and builds up, until it finally reaches your tolerance level, and sub-consciously, you say, "Enough is enough!"  Still, it's not something about which I'm happy and I would like to get back to the days when I just let it (supposedly) roll off my shoulders.

I got my new glasses on Friday.  The lenses are new,, but I just had them put into the old frame because I really like it and I couldn't see paying for a new one which would have been basically the same.  The new lenses are strange.  If I look to either side, things get very distorted.  I was pre-warned that that would be the case, so I was kind of expecting it, but it's still difficult to get used to.  The main thing is that now, when I watch Le Tour de France, I can actually see everything!  I didn't realize how much I had been missing until now.

Fast Food Restaurants fundraising for Mitt Romney and other Republicans:
Chick-fil-a  (Also donated to anti-gay groups), Hardee's, McDonald's, Outback Steakhouse, PapaJohn's, Waffle House, White Castle

Natural Alzheimer’s Protection  

Breakthrough molecule makes your teeth ‘cavity-proof’  

It's not lunacy: Not-a-planet Pluto boasts 5 moons  

What Really Happens When You Get Sucked Out of an Airlock  

Japanese group transmits electricity through 4-inch concrete block, could power cars on roads  

Dumb Law of the Week:  In Florida, Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry to hear about the failing eyesight. Is laser surgery an option? When I had it, I was amazed at how I could suddenly see things.
I am surprised that fast food restaurants are taking political sides. I would think they wouldn't want to alienate their other customers.

PeterParis said...

I guess you will stop eating at McDonald's - if you ever did!

To get a distorted image, may be a beginner's problem. It may take some time before your eyes and brain get used.

The Sinatra clip (I suppose) has beens stopped for copyright issues. Which one was it? "My Way"?