Monday, July 23, 2012

Voter Urine




I got my new Voter ID in the mail the other day, so I guess I'm not going to be purged. Their accompanying letter indicated that it's permanent. Then on Wednesday, I went to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) License Division and got my new Driver's License. Again, I was very impressed with theìr efficiency and how really nice they were. No one had that "clerk" attitude; you know, the one where you're lucky they would take a minute of their time to do their job? As usual, the picture is terrible (brace yourselves) but no one ever sees it anyway (except you guys). It's good until 2020, if I'm still here.

When I picked up my glasses last week, they had forgotten to put in the Transition Lenses. Transition Lenses are the ones that turn dark when you go out into the sun. I went back on Saturday and waited while they put them in. The only problem with Transition Lenses, is when you get into your car, the lenses quickly revert to clear. It kind of destroys the whole purpose.

Le Tour de France is over. The last day was all I could have hoped for and more. For the first time, A brit won the Tour and a Brit was second. Icing on the cake was that the final stage was won by another Brit, Mark Cavendish, who has been called the fastest man in the world (the biking world, of course), and he certainly lived up to his title. To make the day really perfect, the TV shots of Paris were simply spectacular. If you missed it, you should look for it on You Tube. You won't be sorry.






They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot. And then once it was full it was taken and sold to the tannery... if you had to do this to survive you were "Piss Poor". But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot...They "didn't have a pot to piss in" and were the lowest of the low.

Dumb Law of the Week: In Quitman, Georgia it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

3 comments:

Lowell said...

Fun and funky post.

And re your question: Oui !

PeterParis said...

As usual a lot of interesting info! Nice to see Monet in his old days (with the Erik Satie music), whne his water lilies were getting more and more abstract!
Nice to see how many obvioulsy watch the Tour de France, all over the world!
I hate to watch the French Spiderman, even when I know that he survived!
etc.... So much in one post! :-)

Lowell said...

I was going to mention previously that we had a similar experience when we had to renew our driver's licenses in Ocala. The place was set up very well and the clerks were friendly and competent and even made us feel welcome and the whole process went quickly. I've never seen anything like it!