Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Internet Olympics



I've been having a lot of bad luck ordering things on the internet lately. I ordered batteries for our parking lot gate remote control. It took forever to get here. I finally bought a tablet because the price was really great. Unfortunately, the tablet (called an iBridge) was not even worth that price. I sent it back. I ordered eight pairs of shorts from JCPenney because they showed them to be nice and slim fitting. They were just more ghetto style shorts. I took them back to the store. I hope this trend is going to come to a screeching halt immediately.

The Olympics are over. For the most part, it was enjoyable, but there were many times when I turned off the TV and occupied myself elsewhere. There were far too many women's events. Sorry ladies, things like ribbon twirling, women boxing, women wrestling and dancing with balls are just not in my interest zone! Watching the Olympic telecasts has reinforced my reason for not watching TV on a regular basis. There are way too many commercials. The commercials are absolutely geared to the lowest possible common denominator. I've never seen so much stupidity. Oddly enough, the internet, which is usually an excellent source of information and videos, was horrendous during the Olympics. There was a lot of information, but very few videos.







Dumb Law of the Week: In Iowa, it is illegal for kisses to last more than five minutes.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

2 comments:

Lowell said...

It is hard to order from the Internet if you haven't seen or tried on the goods. I've had the same problem. But sometimes it works well, depending on the merchandise.

I agree re the Olympics. I finally got to the point I was so disgusted with Costas and that goofy Seacrest and all those damn commercials that I read a book.

Thanks for your nice comment. Hope that you're feeling well and I'll be checking in here periodically!

PeterParis said...

Just back from Italy, I looked through your last posts... As usual a lot of fascinating information, nice music... But I also read the sad news that you have decided not to come over to Europe ... at least for the moment! I hope that you will change your mind and take the "risk"! :-)