Monday, August 20, 2012

Voting Dinner



We totally missed Early Voting (it only lasted a week), but we did vote on the actual Election Day. Although, that's a bit of a misnomer because it wasn't really an election, it was just a primary. I didn't know that when I suggested to Robb that we get over there and cast our ballots. Our voting place is only three blocks from the apartment and in past years, we have walked, but I wasn't up to walking this year, between the heat and my breathing. The only thing they asked to see was our drivers license. I wonder what would have happened if we hadn't had them? Not only was it a primary, but because I'm registered as an Independant, I could only vote in the bi-partisan section. So I only got to vote for various judges and a couple of school board members. Robb got all the good stuff, Wilton Manors mayor, state representatives and senators, local commissioners and such. Hopefully, I'll get my chance in November.

Thursday evening, we had dinner again at Cafe Seville. It was so nice. The restaurant wasn't full but there was a fair crowd and they were nicely quiet. I had the Veal Segovia and Robb had the Lamb Shank with a house salad which was huge. It was interesting that several of the diners spent a lot of time on theirsmartphones or tablets.







Dumb Law of the Week: In Kentucky, by law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."

À la prochaine, mes amis.

1 comment:

PeterParis said...

Thanks for, as always, interesting news! I just took a "walk" around Wilton Manors on Google Earth, to see a bit of your daily surroundings - slightly different from Paris! :-)