Monday, January 07, 2013

Ancient Aliens



I was watching the first episode of the first season of Ancient Aliens. I was loving it, it seemed so full of fantastic information and ideas. Then I made the mistake of checking one of the ideas that was presented and I came across an article that completely turned me around. Almost every "fact" presented in the show was either deliberately misleading or a total lie, starting with the statement that many of the buildings and objects were made from granite! In fact, most of the things they showed were made from red sandstone, which is durable, but no where near as hard as granite. Some of the things they showed, like the possible models of aircraft, could be real, but now I'm not sure. I am so disappointed. I was really looking forward to watching the whole five seasons. I can't imagine the hosts, writers, producers and editors could compromise themselves so blatantly for a few dollars.  Even if the theories put forth were true, the show raised the question I would most like to ask the aliens and god, if he actually existed: WHY? Why would you travel all those light years across space to help a bunch of aborigines, and then just disappear forever? In the case of god, who is supposed to be all-knowing, why present yourself to man in such a backward time and then just disappear forever?  Then, just to make matters really confusing, it turns out the debunker of Ancient Aliens is a christian nut who believes the bible contains the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Thankfully, the internet is a nearly endless source of information (as confusing as it can be sometimes), and with determined searching and questioning, one can find the answers they seek.  I may continue to watch Ancient Aliens just for the fun of it!

 




Dumb Law of the Week: In Connecticut: it is illegal to walk across a street on your hands.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I never heard of "Ancient aliens". There is only 1 show I am hooked on and it is "Downton Abbey". I generally watch it on DVD but couldn't wait and watched the beginning of the third season. I was not impressed and hope it is not going to get worse and worse. Typical soap opera.
Interesting Mother Jones's article about genes.