Monday, January 28, 2013

Steak Dreams



We've had some bad luck with restaurants the last couple of times we went out. Week before last we went to Cafe Seville where we had the Tilapia special. Very fishy tasting and not what I expected. We like the Cafe Seville because the people there are really great, and the decor is so Spanish. But the food seems to have gone downhill. This past Wednesday, we went to Tropics, to which we haven't been in a very long time. It was Prime Rib night, so that's what we had. I don't know what cut of meat they served, but it definitely was not prime rib. I used to eat prime rib almost exclusively and I know how a real prime rib looks and tastes. This was not it.

I dream every night. Several times per night. I don't always remember all the dreams, but I do frequently remember one or two. The one thing I like most about my dreams, is that in them, I'm still able to do all the things I used to be able to do with no breathing problems. That results in me not wanting to wake up and get out of bed where I'm forced to cope with the reality of being a virtual invalide. Another thing that I find curious about dreams is how really nonsensical stuff seems perfectly logical when being dreamed. Things like having a conversation with animals, or you start out walking someplace and then suddenly you're in a car, an airplane, a train or a boat. Last night I had a dream about people buying up all of one brand of coffee (I'm not even sure the brand exists...White House coffee?) because they could sell it and make money. Then near the end of the dream it turned out to be untrue and everybody was trying to get their money back.



  

  
Dumb Law of the Week: In Indiana, it is illegal for citizens to attend a movie house or theater, nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

5 comments:

PeterParis said...

I hope you will be happier with your next restaurant choices! ... ad ndream about in the meantime!

Ken Broadhurst said...

I have dreams like that too. I remember them for a few minutes when I first wake up, and then they vanish from memory. Good luck with the breathing problems. I have allergies, but less severe in France than they were back in California.

Megan said...

I have tons of strange dreams.

So sad about the Catholic hospital drama- I really think it is outrageous. That for example an employer can refuse to cover birth control for its employees.

Lowell said...

I LOVED this video. The music was perfect and it brought back so many good memories. Five and a half years ago we were there to celebrate our 50th anniversary. We've wanted to return. But in September, my wife was diagnosed with bladder cancer...she's finishing up a regime of chemo and will have surgery in March.

Maybe when this is all over we can get back to Paree!

beatrice De said...

You are a gastronomic guide ! '

I like to go around Montmartre, specially to Art brut restaurant, The setting, in that museum is nice.

Good is that the correcting words. I am loosing a lot english, and that is a good refreshment !

Hello from Switzerland