Monday, January 21, 2013

Sleepless in Lauderdale



For some reason, I seem to have fallen into a period in which I'm destined to get very little sleep at night, which results in my sleeping a lot during the afternoon. I say a lot, but it's really only an hour to an hour and a half. That's about as long as I manage to stay asleep at night. Last night wasn't too bad, but Saturday night I had the most god-awful bout of indigestion, another thing that seems to be occurring more and more often. I may have to look into the cause of that one day. Saturday night, I had a bad bad sinus headache. I understand that and know that it's caused by the quickly changing weather. Normally, I go to bed between 02h00 and 04h00. I guess I really am a "night person". Even at three or four in the morning, I have to force myself to go to bed. I most usually have no trouble falling asleep. My problem is staying asleep. A doctor once sent me to be tested for sleep apnea. It was a very uncomfortable night. The place was way too cold even though I was wearing sweat pants, a T-shirt and heavy socks. I barely slept at all, but somehow they determined that I was not suffering from sleep apnea. I suspect they were probably wrong, but what do I know? Hopefully, this sleeplessness will go its course, and I'll get back to my usual two hours sleep, awake, an hour of sleep, awake...until I finally wake up for the day usually somewhere between noon and 15h00. In other words, a normal night for me.

Dumb Law of the Week: In Chicago, Illinois, it is illegal to take a french poodle to the Opera.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

2 comments:

Ken Broadhurst said...

Have you ever taken Benadryl Allergy tablets? The active ingredient is Diphenhydramine HCL, which is an antihistamine. One of the side effects is drowsiness. I take two of them almost every night and sleep really well.

Megan said...

Wow. how do you function during the day? Do you nap?