Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Marriage Football (EDIT)



As recently as last year, I was a football fanatic. If there was a football game on TV you just didn't bother trying to talk to me, except maybe during the commercials. But something has changed and now I simply can't stand having to sit through all the commercials. I tried watching a game the other day and after the second set of commercials, I turned it off. That is also the main reason I don't watch regular TV. And now they're trying to do the same thing with the internet. Haven't any of you noticed that every time you try to see a You Tube video, there's a damned ad that you either have to ignore or X-out? It really pisses me off, so I try to just not even attempt to look at the videos. We need a new internet with NO COMMERCIALS!

EDIT  -  SURPRISE!  SURPRISE!  Wandering around the internet, I happened to chance upon a fantastic site.  If, like me, you hate all those ads that pop-up when you try to watch a You Tube video, you'll be happy to learn there is a thing named ADBLOCK PLUS.  They claim it's free but ask for a donation.  There is a version for just about any browser you may have (I have three - Chrome, Firefox and Opera _ actually I have four including IE 8, which I never use).  It is added as an extension of each browser.  I added it to all three.  I haven't really tested it yet, but have high hopes.

Dumb Law of the Week: In Youngstown, Ohio it is illegal to run out of gas.

À la prochaine, mes amis.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good lucky finding a connection without internet! It might happen though, but they will charge us for it.
I am glad by New-Zealand's legalization of gay marriage!

Lowell said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you re the damn commercials. In fact, if I'm playing Solitaire on my iPad I sometimes get the same commercials as the ones on TV!

I watch golf, no other sports. When the commercials come on I mute them and find something else to do, but sometimes it's too frustrating and I shut down the TV.

I'm off to check out ADBLOCK Plus. Merci!

Bonne journee !

Megan said...

Why not just get one of those machines that starts recording, and then you start watching half an hour later and it skips through the commercials?

And i wouldn't have pegged you for a football fan.