Monday, February 01, 2010

International Idiots


I LOVE this song (please note that I DID NOT use the word 'heart'!)


I went for my semi-decade eye examination a few days ago, the last time was about ten years ago. They have a new female eye doctor at the place we usually have that done. She is very thorough. She discovered that I have a hole in my eye which could be the beginning of glaucoma, or something I've had forever. She's not sure because no one has ever examined my eyes as closely as she did. I don't know whether to be happy or devastated. As you know, glaucoma can lead to blindness if not treated soon enough. I would not like to be deaf, but I could cope with that a lot more easily than blindness. Oh, and I got new glasses since I somehow managed to lose my others.

A year, or more ago, I signed up for Comcast's paperless statements and billing. Since then, every month like clockwork, I get.....yep, you guessed it, by USPS mail each and every month, a paper bill and a notice that I've signed up for paperless billing. Can we say STUPID?
Hmm, now we understand why the US is interested in Haiti and why there are over 20,000 troops stationed there; they're certainly not there to distribute food. If they are, they're doing a really poor job, because the people that need it aren't getting it.. No, I think this is more likely: Haiti is full of oil say Daniel and Ginette Mathurin
IDIOT SIGHTING - Just in case you think Americans have it locked up - I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the Highways Department to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.' Story from Potters Bar, Herts , UK
ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
WITNESS: He said , 'Where am I , Cathy?'
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan!
Church Bulletins:
Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
À la prochaine, mes amis

No comments: