Monday, February 01, 2010

Wireless Pickup



We had dinner tonight at Tropics on Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, Florida. If you like piano bars/restaurants, this is the place for you. Monday night is not karaoke night, but if you want to get up and sing, the pianist and the crowd welcomes and encourages you. Dinner was great; deep fried grouper (a southern fish) with a very good salad.


Waiting patiently for Povarello to pick up our old TV set. I tried to sell it, but I guess no one is interested in anything less than a 42-inch LCD TV. I just want to get it out of my computer room, although if I had the space I would like a TV in there.


I'm once again thinking about going wireless. I bought this Netgear router, but there were two problems. The first was that it's not compatible with a 64-bit system and I'm running the 64-bit Windows 7 OPS. The second problem was that I suddenly realized it was a Wireless G router. I really want a Wireless N router, so I'm considering these two choices. I'm leaning toward the more expensive one simply because I like the look of it better, and it isn't that much more.


The war on terror has been about scaring people, not protecting them. The ease with which the plane bomber could operate exposes the vacuity and recklessness at the heart of the US response to 9/11.


David is right, this guy is just sick.


À la prochaine, mes amis

No comments: