Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Paris 2008 - 8 Juin

Dimanche - Got up around 13h00, still tired. I think it was a mistake to come to France for so long. Robb just cannot grasp the severity of my illness and it's getting really frustrating for both of us. I simply cannot go day after day. Even simple little things like walking down to Place Léon Blum and walking back, wears me out if I don't get sufficient rest. I think the best I can do is maybe two weeks, but then I need at least two days of down time. Robb can't understand that and thinks I'm just being lazy, which in turn, pisses me off.

He wants to go to Toulouse, then Montpelier followed by Barcelona. I want to do that also, but there's no way I'll be able to do it without a couple days of doing nothing.....no little walks, no trips to the store and certainly no major trips like the one he wants to make tomorrow to the bank.

The problem is further aggravated by the fact that he cannot find his way around without me, so I feel guilty if I don't go with him.

So anyway, I could sense that he was feeling antsy today and I knew we needed some staples plus the weather actually took a turn for the better, so I got myself ready and off we went to Place Léon Blum because that's the only place to find an open store on Sunday. We again went to the Cocci Market. Then, on the way back, I stopped at a patisserie and bought several items; two macarons, two apple tartes and two fantastic cookies with whole hazelnuts.

Of course, once we got back to the apartment, which took a while because I had to keep stopping to get my breath, I was pretty much wasted, so going out to eat tonight is out of the question. As luck would have it, we do have something in the fridge.

Plus à venir, mes amis.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry you are feeling bad. That must be a bummer. Hope it gets better.

Marie Reed said...

HHHHHHHmmmm. You guys could maybe start ordering groceries online. Let me look for the site that I used when living in Paris. It's not more expensive because they don't have to pay for the overhead of owning a shop... It was a relief to just starting getting it delivered. Especialy when one has to lug around heavy bottles of water,milk,or juice. I savvvvvvvvvvvvvved so much time doing that. Then I just went to shops for special treats and it stopped feeling like a chore. Esoacially if you aren't feeling well.

Marie Reed said...

http://www.houra.fr/

I can only recommend this site! It fast and less expensive for most products! I miss it now that I live in Burgundy:)